Wednesday, August 02, 2006

soo hotttt...fully baked.

record temperatures set in T.O. yesterday. My mom still refuses to install a/c. We used to have it, but when we moved, she didn't think we need it due to the mild Canadian summers. This week was something else. I used to get heat rashes sleeping through hot nights, luckily I can sense them coming on...and have woken up in time for a 3:30 am shower to cool down a bit before trying to sleep. Leaves me so groggy and out of it at work the next day, which isn't a good idea, since I'm supposed to be uppity for vbs worship. The answer so far has been caffeine. Hope that next week temp. will fall back down to normal levels. Or else the wedding guests staying over will seriously suffer heat exhaustion if they're used to a/c.

VBS trail mix have been very successful so far. It's fun and amusing to be surrounded by kids again. I'm trying to stick with a 5 year old girl who knows little english but speaks mandarin. So I'm trying to get practice off her. I had a really good mandarin conversation about her coke and my coffee yesterday. Kids are great. ;P