Friday, March 11, 2005

This page is looking rather clean and bare I must say....*ahem* I see your new awesome template Grace, I want one too......per favore! Kinda sad that my posts from Sept. 04-Feb 05 cannot be archived since I've been blogging on the template section.

Grace, interesting reading about your prep for T.C. next week...is your team called gangstas? *gasp* Don't go all crazy on your team the first day...save your voice, and remember to pray for your team members. Have fun!

Mmmm....made coconut cream pie in food lab today. It would've been perfect, but I followed the instructions too much, and didn't even think for a sec. My lab partner and I made and baked the pie crust first, then we added in the filling, and for toppings we used 'Cool Whip' topping inside of making our own meringue topping (due to lack of time). In the recipe book, it says to bake the pie till the meringue turns golden brown at the peaks. So I put in the pie, and cranked up the oven. Big mistake! 'Cool Whip' is like whipped cream...how can you bake that? So two minutes later....not only did our creation not turn golden brown and crispy...the whipped cream melted and pooled to the bottom of the oven. *sniff* So we served coconut cream puddin with crust instead. ;p Aiya...Lil, Cors...remember my pumpkin pie oven incident last Oct.? Lol...no fire today *whew*

Tho two weeks ago when I used a pressure cooker for the first time in lab....the top blew off as I tried to relieve some of its pressure under the tap. hehhee...pressure cookers are DANGEROUS. Giving me a plastic butter knife to handle is also hazardous. keke