Monday, July 19, 2004

Triple d'oh! It was just thunderstorming up here in Markham, and as I tried to blog today's entry, a power outage shut-down my computer.....THREE times! My first two entries were pretty long too...Hehhe........4th's the charm.
 
First day of work today....and it was pretty interesting. Got to teach the older kids....9-12 year-olds. They've been pretty bold and rebellious considering it was the first day of meeting them, they'd much rather play on the computer, test my limits, and yak non-stop rather than learning about Sir Francis Galton and Alfred Binet...lol. I wonder why? I tried to be nice but firm with them....not letting them bend the rules, and trying to be their friend. The boys are much harder to handle to girls, due to Cyn's theory of multiple-guy syndrome...as I believe applies to 12 year old boys too. hehhe. One misbehaving boy riles them all up, talking about obscene things, swearing and whatnot. I'm trying to be understanding and connect with them...hoping to build bridges instead of burning them like my co-workers who enforces rules by getting upset, threatening them and yelling at them. I'll see what happens tomorrow, as I have yet to plan for the brain structure/functions lesson. *whew* tty'all later! ; P