Sunday, July 25, 2004

This week has gone by slowly. I didn't even realize the effect of 'work stress' till Friday afternoon....All my patience has been spent on the kids I work with, and by day's end...my quota is empty and I'd just become so easily irritated by every little thing, and by my family members. I come home from work, and there's things for me to do (i.e. chores, errands, preparing for next day's class etc.) Which I don't mind doing, but I felt isolated from them, feeling neglected from my parents and sisters. I should've handled it earlier, cause it just kept building up throughout the week. I also missed personal down time with God...which was a mistake.

As I dropped Grace off to her riding lesson thurs. night, I drowned myself in some music on the radio, and went shopping. But it didn't lift my mood. I drove around aimlessly for a bit, didn't know where I wanted to go. I finally had to stop, and just be alone to cry out my frustrations. (I don't think I'm a crybaby, but a good cry is needed every once in a while during stressful times)  What's worse is that I didn't share these feelings with my family, and they had no idea of it till Friday. I was picked up after work on Friday 1.5 hrs late, and boy I was upset! My mom tried to calm me down, as I whined about being late for worship team practice and fellowship. Punctuality is soo important to me....you show your respect and diligence by being on time, and in my mind...I'd never want to be late for someone I cared about. Ironically, my dad and older sis is extremely laid-back (never worrying about time)...it's hard not to be bothered by that sometimes. I think God was trying to teach me something....as I arrived at practice .5hr late, I was one of the first ones there. So all that commotion, and anger for nothing! After that, I had to get over myself, accept these 'little problems' in life, and not stay angry at them.

That night, I got to tell them what I was feeling, and so everything is fine now. I really need to speak out (even to my family), if I want to be understood. Hehhe.

After Friday, it's been quite an enjoyable weekend.....got to relax at home on Sat., really talk to my sister, had dinner with hich-school friends (paid $19 for a salmon salad at Milestone's....ahhh!)

Had a CC small group reunion today...and it was great to have them visit my church, and spend time together, eating 2 lunches and whatnot! :P I don't think I'll be eating dinner tonight. Thanks for the laughs and fellowship guys!

Now I feel re-energized and ready to face another work week....on a totally different note, Lance Armstrong won his 6th at Tour de France! That's crazy, an unbeatable record....he's got quite an inspirational story....almost dying of cancer in 1996, then beating terminal cancer and coming back as one of the world's best athletes, winning consecutively since 1999! He's my hero.....heehehee.....take care y'all!