Wednesday, July 14, 2004

My favourite part of ministry time or outreach was doing our drama on the streets, interaction with the kids, and one on one time with the homeless people we reached out to. There's so many stories to tell, and just from listening...I've learned a lot from them. The power of touch is really crucial, and when we go out to do outreach, shaking one's hand, laying hands on them as we pray, or even giving a homeless man a hug, can mean so much to them. After every night of street ministry, we're sticky, sweaty, and smelly. But it's okay, b/c the Lord may have used us to touch their hearts. I've been able to step out of my comfort zone (my 3 ft bubble), and see them as Jesus would. All in all, this trip was so much more than what I had expected...short-term missions is really a life-changing experience!

I attended Belmont church in Nashville on July 4...the church where Amy Grant, Steven Curtis Chapman, Michael W. Smith, and Newsboys came from. A wonderful sermon was given by their previous senior pastor Don Finto. He speaks of 'foundational issues' in the church, but there's much more, including spiritual gifts, baptism, Jesus' lordship over our lives. It's a little under 60 minutes, so listen in when you have time! click here