Wednesday, June 09, 2004

My summer has officially begun! Chem is over! hahhaha...:D But no time to dilly-dally. lol. I love that word. I'm back in good ol' T.O., and there's so many things to do and take care of. My family just moved to our new home 3 days ago. We have too much stuff! (junk in my mind), and the movers are taking 3 days to move everything. So I've been running back and forth between the old house and the new place pretty much since Monday night. This is gonna be one BUSY week, but it's a good thing, cuz it gives me responsibility and a sense of purpose.

I visited Waterloo on my way out Monday night, and it was nice to see some friends (even tho they're extremely busy studying for upcoming mid-terms...good luck guys!), and I had a chance to see 'lex (hehee...I'll stop calling you that if you don't like it), :P and helped a bit at a homeless shelter calld 'Oasis'. It was a really good experience for me, and the Lord has convicted me of my 'favourtism' of the 'rich'. Read James chapter 2 to see what I mean. The chapter goes on to speak of faith and deeds, and how both needs to be active, for our salvation to be real in our life.

14What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? 15Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. 16If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? 17In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
James 2:14-17