Thursday, June 10, 2004

Being at home most of this week has had its pros and cons...cons include feeling restless being indoors all day, and spending so much time with my parents.....hehehe. But I've realized something about my dad that I've forgotten about. It's his constant sharing of Christ's love to everyone, stranger, aquaintance, family or friend....he'll send the same warmth and sincerity.

Two days ago, while the movers came, my dad did simple things to help ease their laborous work by providing them with pop, cutting up watermelon to serve them. After 3 days of moving, their enormous task was completed, they charged us for only 2 days, b/c they felt bad for being late etc. My parents immediately insisted that they take their full fair share. Hehhe....and with both parties being Chinese, this went on for a while. Lol. Finally, the movers took the money, and they commented on how wonderful and kind my father was to them. He immediately took this opportunity to share with them his faith, and it was quite encouraging to see. In the end, the movers each left with an outreach tape, and some pamplets introducing Christianity. I'm so blessed to have such a caring and compassionate father. = ) The Lord has placed so many figures and role models in my life...thank you Jesus!