Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Well, I'm finally done one of my major essays. Human cloning is now behind me....thanks to my sis, lil, and shirley who edited for me. *hug*

Today's ethics class has put a damper on my mood. Besides the usual school fatigue, I'm feeling disturbed from the video we watched in class about Dr. Jack Kevorkian (US doctor who has assisted 55 suicides). I don't know how to put it into words, just that it's scary, watching the videos of his patients detailing how they want out of this life (for whatever physical, mental suffering they're experiencing), and the way the suicide machine works (lethal injection). There is just so much pain, anxiety, suffering, hopelessness in these people who don't know God. And having been 'helped' by Kevorkian in realizing that the function of death is a right they can choose to control. *sigh* my heart is sad.