Monday, March 01, 2004

I saw "Passion of the Christ" on Saturday, and it was so powerfully moving. Mel Gibson is a great filmmaker. There were little parts that left me wondering, like what was the symbolic meaning behind the scary child the Devil was holding? And what message was Mary trying to convey to the audience when she stared at the camera for a good 20 sec. in one frame? I was most stirred when Jesus was flogged, and when he was nailed to the cross, because I knew that I (and everyone else) was the reason he had to suffer and lay down His life for. It wasn't the soldiers, the Pharisees, or Pontius Pilate's fault, but plain old sinful me. He died for us while we were yet in sin.

Pics from my reading week:

hottie pottie night with church friends = )


free ice-cream at club 300...me, karen, nate, carol


february bday kbbq dinner: justin, me and eldon...we were so estactic!


mdhs friends: phoebe, ophelia, kim and I