Monday, January 26, 2004

I'm glad I went home this weekend. Cuz I had the chance to go w/ Aletheia on a chicken soup run downtown. A few brothers and sisters had prepared this thick, creamy, rich homemade chicken soup for the homeless. I've been privileged to have experienced meeting and talking to some of these street ppl. At first, I had my own reservations of going, but the Lord is faithful, and my eyes were opened, realizing that He loved them just as He loves us. I met Dorothy, Bernard, and Mumford around Nathan Philips Square on Fri. night. When we first approached Dorothy, who was huddled on the pavement facing a large office building, I felt very emotional, and my heart cried out for her. Here was a lost child of God, alone, and cold in the dead of winter, lacking necessities such as food and shelter. As we sat down w/ her as she ate, I forgot about how cold I was, and my own problems/burdens. Instead, my mind swirled w/ questions like, what happened to her? How did she end up here? What can I do for her? It was a humbling experience, and some of us were able to share about God's love to them. I pray that the Lord will continue to change our hearts, and spur Aletheia to reach out to others in our community.